Gold recycling is more popular than ever in recent years due to the demand of precious metals. Every bit of gold recycling helps supply that demand and the American public can help recycle and get paid to do so. Even if you don’t have a lot of gold jewelry around your house, there are plenty of other household items that contain gold and can be recycled for a profit. Recycling gold can be very profitable and help you make a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars depending on what you have to recycle.
To get started recycling gold, here are 10 items you can start looking for in your house to start recycling.
1) old laptop and old computers – different brands and models may have different components, but most likely your old computer will have gold in the chip processor, CD drive unit, and adapter extension for a laptop. Before extracting the gold from these items, you should research into the process for removing gold from these items. Often times, it will require using toxic chemicals so it is important to understand the process to remove the gold as well as practicing safety to make sure you aren’t harmed by the chemicals.
2) cell phones – in your cell phone, there are components made of gold or these items can be gold plated.
3) broken and unwanted jewelry – you may have old jewelry from an ex-spouse, ex girlfriend or boyfriend, and even from relatives. You may have items that you haven’t worn in 10 years or items that have broke. The great news is, these items can be turned into cash if you no longer desire them.
4) commemorative pins – you may have pins and buttons around the house that are actual gold. You may have inherited military memorabilia that contains gold.
5) Old fillings and caps – dentists years ago would use gold for fillings and caps. You may have a relative or even yourself that has had a gold filling removed.
6) Old smoke detectors – take down your old smoke detectors and replace them with new ones. Before discarding your old smoke detector, remove any gold
7) Old VCR’s – they have gold in them
8) Old Junker car – there is gold in your old car. Depending on the year, make and model, the gold content will differ. System chips and heat insulation are some places you can look.
9) old TV’s, printers, and cameras – I can’t list every make and model, but there are gold in these items. People discard these items everyday because they become outdated. You can pick these up for free and turn them into cash.
10) glassware and silverware – not all glassware and silverware will have gold, but some items will. Some place settings will have gold in the dish, some glassware will have gold in the glass, and some silverware will have gold within the utensil. Review all of your items carefully. Silverware may also be sterling silver which is also a precious metal that you can sell for instant profit.
As you can see, there are plenty of items that can be recycled and turned into instant cash. Some recycling methods take more time than others so you may have to experiment with the process to determine what method you enjoy best. The great thing about recycling precious metals is that anyone can start recycling today and earn some extra income doing so.